|Summary:||memory usage bug in wish in tk8.3.5|
|Product:||[Fedora] Fedora||Reporter:||Neal Nuckolls <nn>|
|Component:||tcltk||Assignee:||Jens Petersen <petersen>|
|Status:||CLOSED DUPLICATE||QA Contact:|
|Fixed In Version:||Doc Type:||Bug Fix|
|Doc Text:||Story Points:||---|
|Last Closed:||2006-02-21 19:04:45 UTC||Type:||---|
|oVirt Team:||---||RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:|
Description Neal Nuckolls 2004-07-28 22:00:29 UTC
Description of problem: Start "wish" on RedHat 7.3 (tk8.3.3) and "ps -gaxl" shows it's using around 2Mbytes resident. ok. Start "wish" on RedHat 9.0 (tk8.3.5) and "ps -gaxl" shows it's using around 20Mbytes . I used tkdiff a lot and when I ran it after installing the tcl/tk in RedHat-9.0 it would use up 60-70 Mbytes (!) of RSS, swapping everything else out, when viewing a large source file. Downgrading my tcl/tk to 8.3.3 and everything is fine again. I could not find an 8.4.x tcl/tcl RPM handy so have not tested it. Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): tk8.3.5 How reproducible: completely. Steps to Reproduce: See above. Actual results: Expected results: Additional info:
Comment 1 Jens Petersen 2004-08-05 13:31:37 UTC
This sounds a bit like bug 100793, but the ucs4 patch for tcltk is disabled in the RHEL3 update... so it can't be that.
Comment 2 Jens Petersen 2004-08-06 08:15:12 UTC
What exact tcltk package version and release are you using?
Comment 3 Neal Nuckolls 2004-08-13 00:39:25 UTC
tcl-8.3.5-88.i386.rpm and tk-8.3.5-88.i386.rpm , the ones that came in RedHat 9.0 .
Comment 4 Jens Petersen 2004-08-13 12:31:08 UTC
Then you, I'm sorry, but you shouldn't file against RHEL3 U3-beta. ;-) RHL 9.0 is no longer supported. If you're using RHEL please upgrade to the tcltk packages there, otherwise I suggest upgrading to Rawhide. Fedora Legacy may also be able to help support 9.0 still. If you can't upgrade, try rebuilding the RHEL3 tcltk package on 9.0 and if you still have problems please reopen this bug. *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 100793 ***
Comment 5 Red Hat Bugzilla 2006-02-21 19:04:45 UTC
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.