|Summary:||Russian / i18n issues|
|Product:||[Fedora] Fedora||Reporter:||Andrew Martynov <andrewm>|
|Component:||up2date||Assignee:||Bret McMillan <bretm>|
|Status:||CLOSED CANTFIX||QA Contact:||Fanny Augustin <fmoquete>|
|Fixed In Version:||Doc Type:||Bug Fix|
|Doc Text:||Story Points:||---|
|Last Closed:||2006-10-29 15:16:01 UTC||Type:||---|
|oVirt Team:||---||RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:|
Description Andrew Martynov 2004-11-07 20:32:22 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510 Description of problem: Some pages in up2date GUI wizard is not shown as localized. I found that second page (Channels) is completely localized in .po file, but table headers "Description" and "Channel" shown in English. Second issue - "Progress Dialog" does not use localization. Third issue - up2date text usage help is not localized Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): up2date-4.3.52-3 How reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install FC3test3 2. Upgrade up2date to lates devel version 3. Setup system language "Russian" 4. run up2date 5. click Next to view second Page 6. run up2date --help Actual Results: Channels Table has Titles in English ( Description & Channel ) Process Dialog show in English up2date help is showen in English Expected Results: Channels Table has Titles in Russian ( Описание & Канал ) Process Dialog show in Russian up2date help is showen in Russian Additional info: I suppose problem is located in i18n domain binding. I found that following code resolve problems: ----------- Up2date code ----------- /usr/sbin/up2date: #from up2date_client import timeoutsocket #timeoutsocket.setDefaultSocketTimeout(10) from up2date_client import up2dateErrors +from rhpl.translate import textdomain +textdomain("up2date") # try to catch abuseErrors gracefully try: ----------- Progress Dialog ----------- /usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/progress.py: import gtk import gtk.gdk #from gtk import glade from gtk import TRUE, FALSE +from rhpl.translate import _, N_ +gtk.glade.bindtextdomain("up2date", "/usr/share/locale") ----------------------------------------
Comment 1 Matthew Miller 2006-07-10 23:07:42 UTC
Fedora Core 3 is now maintained by the Fedora Legacy project for security updates only. If this problem is a security issue, please reopen and reassign to the Fedora Legacy product. If it is not a security issue and hasn't been resolved in the current FC5 updates or in the FC6 test release, reopen and change the version to match. Thank you!
Comment 2 John Thacker 2006-10-29 15:16:01 UTC
Closing per lack of response to previous comment. If this still occurs on FC3 or FC4 and is a security issue, please assign to Fedora Legacy and the appropriate version. The bug could also be filed against RHEL if it is relevant there. up2date has been replaced by pirut and pup in FC5 and FC6, the still fully supported versions of Fedora Core, so this bug will not be fixed unless it is a security issue.