Bug 226549

Summary: Merge Review: Xaw3d
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Nobody's working on this, feel free to take it <nobody>
Component: Package ReviewAssignee: Dan Horák <dan>
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE QA Contact: Fedora Package Reviews List <fedora-package-review>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: rawhideCC: hdegoede, kasal, pertusus, than
Target Milestone: ---Flags: dan: fedora-review+
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Linux   
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-10-14 11:55:53 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Description Nobody's working on this, feel free to take it 2007-01-31 21:18:05 UTC
Fedora Merge Review: Xaw3d

Initial Owner: than@redhat.com

Comment 1 Hans de Goede 2008-10-06 10:15:50 UTC

While working on fixing xfig bug 436998 it turned out to be an Xaw3d bug, and the current state of Xaw3d screamed fix me (these merge reviews really are a necessity). So besides fixing the bug I've also cleaned up the package (fixing things like actually applying the included patches, amazing).

While I'm waiting for my cvs access to be approved (former core packages, ACL's closed <sigh>), I've put the srpm of my fixed / cleaned version here:

I've done a scratch build of it here:

rpmlint is clean

A quick review of this new version would be much appreciated, I'll do any necessary fixes myself, so we should be able to wrap this up quickly.

Comment 2 Patrice Dumas 2008-10-06 10:59:04 UTC
Seems that Stepan is the maintainer now. Putting him in CC.

Stepan, is it on purpose that the commit for group member is disabled?

Comment 3 Dan Horák 2008-10-14 09:55:04 UTC
formal review is here:

OK	source files match upstream:
	    efc5b923feda52866c859c59a5b553cb675a69d1  Xaw3d-1.5E.tar.gz
OK	package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
OK	specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
OK	dist tag is present.
OK	build root is correct.
OK	license field matches the actual license.
OK	license is open source-compatible (MIT).
OK	latest version is being packaged.
OK	BuildRequires are proper.
OK	compiler flags are appropriate.
OK	%clean is present.
OK	package builds in mock (Rawhide/x86_64).
OK	debuginfo package looks complete.
OK	rpmlint is silent.
OK	final provides and requires look sane.
N/A	%check is present and all tests pass.
OK	shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
OK	owns the directories it creates.
OK	doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
OK	no duplicates in %files.
OK	file permissions are appropriate.
OK	correct scriptlets present.
OK	code, not content.
OK	documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
OK	%docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
OK	headers in -devel.
OK	no pkgconfig files.
OK	no libtool .la droppings.
OK	not a GUI app.

this package is APPROVED

Comment 4 Hans de Goede 2008-10-14 11:55:53 UTC
Thanks, as this new version already is in rawhide, all that remains is to close this bug :)