Bug 1295706

Summary: puppet agent -t -v fails with "Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER"
Product: Red Hat Satellite Reporter: Kamudini Gazdikova <kshirsal>
Component: SCAP PluginAssignee: Katello Bug Bin <katello-bugs>
Status: CLOSED ERRATA QA Contact: Kedar Bidarkar <kbidarka>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: 6.1.5CC: bbuckingham, kbidarka, mhulan, sthirugn
Target Milestone: UnspecifiedKeywords: Triaged
Target Release: Unused   
Hardware: All   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2016-07-27 09:22:20 UTC Type: Bug
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:

Comment 1 Marek Hulan 2016-01-05 10:22:02 UTC
This was caused by wrong default value of policies puppet parameter. During previous failed saves it got wrongly escaped, a lot of \\\\" were part of the value. The solution was to change default value but the problem is that if we changed only default value, the record was not saved. A workaround was to change type as well (array to string), then the default value change was picked. After the save we reverted type back.

Comment 6 Kedar Bidarkar 2016-04-04 20:24:01 UTC
Can you please provide some verification steps for this bug.

Comment 7 Kedar Bidarkar 2016-04-04 20:27:48 UTC
sorry I asked needinfo for wrong bug.

Comment 8 Kedar Bidarkar 2016-04-04 20:37:22 UTC
followed the steps mentioned in the initial bug description, this issue is no longer seen with sat62-snap6

VERIFIED with sat62-snap6

Comment 10 errata-xmlrpc 2016-07-27 09:22:20 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2016:1501