Bug 138299

Summary: Russian / i18n issues
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Andrew Martynov <andrewm>
Component: up2dateAssignee: Bret McMillan <bretm>
Status: CLOSED CANTFIX QA Contact: Fanny Augustin <fmoquete>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: 3CC: mattdm
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: i386   
OS: Linux   
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-10-29 15:16:01 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Description Andrew Martynov 2004-11-07 20:32:22 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510

Description of problem:
Some pages in up2date GUI wizard is not shown as localized.
I found that second page (Channels) is completely localized in .po
file, but table headers "Description" and "Channel" shown in English.

Second issue - "Progress Dialog" does not use localization.

Third issue - up2date text usage help is not localized

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

How reproducible:

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install FC3test3
2. Upgrade up2date to lates devel version
3. Setup system language "Russian"
4. run up2date
5. click Next to view second Page
6. run up2date --help

Actual Results:  Channels Table has Titles in English ( Description &
Channel )
Process Dialog show in English 
up2date help is showen in English

Expected Results:  Channels Table has Titles in Russian (
&#1054;&#1087;&#1080;&#1089;&#1072;&#1085;&#1080;&#1077; &
&#1050;&#1072;&#1085;&#1072;&#1083; )
Process Dialog show in Russian
up2date help is showen in Russian

Additional info:

I suppose problem is located in i18n domain binding.

I found that following code resolve problems:

----------- Up2date code -----------
#from up2date_client import timeoutsocket
from up2date_client import up2dateErrors
+from rhpl.translate import textdomain
# try to catch abuseErrors gracefully

----------- Progress Dialog -----------
import gtk
import gtk.gdk
#from gtk import glade
from gtk import TRUE, FALSE
+from rhpl.translate import _, N_
+gtk.glade.bindtextdomain("up2date", "/usr/share/locale")

Comment 1 Matthew Miller 2006-07-10 23:07:42 UTC
Fedora Core 3 is now maintained by the Fedora Legacy project for security
updates only. If this problem is a security issue, please reopen and
reassign to the Fedora Legacy product. If it is not a security issue and
hasn't been resolved in the current FC5 updates or in the FC6 test
release, reopen and change the version to match.

Thank you!

Comment 2 John Thacker 2006-10-29 15:16:01 UTC
Closing per lack of response to previous comment.  If this still occurs on FC3
or FC4 and is a security issue, please assign to Fedora Legacy and the
appropriate version.  The bug could also be filed against RHEL if it is relevant

up2date has been replaced by pirut and pup in FC5 and FC6, the still fully
supported versions of Fedora Core, so this bug will not be fixed unless it is a
security issue.