Bug 1418017

Summary: Hosts that were recently shutdown/destroyed still show up as available for use with RHV.
Product: Red Hat Quickstart Cloud Installer Reporter: James Olin Oden <joden>
Component: WebUIAssignee: John Matthews <jmatthew>
Status: NEW --- QA Contact: Sudhir Mallamprabhakara <smallamp>
Severity: unspecified Docs Contact:
Priority: unspecified    
Version: 1.1CC: qci-bugzillas
Target Milestone: ---Keywords: Triaged
Target Release: 1.2   
Hardware: Unspecified   
OS: Unspecified   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: Type: Bug
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:
Attachments:
Description Flags
Duplicate hosts none

Description James Olin Oden 2017-01-31 15:44:37 UTC
Created attachment 1246355 [details]
Duplicate hosts

Description of problem:
I had just destroyed four virtual hosts that were being used as RHV hosts.   They had been deleted as satellite hosts, and then I went to do a deployment.   These hosts that were clearly not running showed up as available hosts.   Weirdly only three of the four showed up.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
QCI-1.1-RHEL-7-20170130.t.0

How reproducible:
It happens often, but I can't say it happens every time.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.  Do a RHV deployment using nested virtualization.
2.  Delete the hosts in the deployment within satellite.
3.  Destroy the RHV hosts with virsh.
4.  Start to create another RHV deployment before starting the hosts.

Actual results:
Some of the hosts may show up even though none are running.

Expected results:
None of the hosts to show up that were not running.

Additional info:
I also started the hosts and did a refresh but before I did the refresh I renamed all the hosts that were not supposed to be there.   When I did the refresh the renamed hosts and the just started hosts were both represented, even though the renamed hosts had the same mac (i.e. they were the same hosts).

I've added a screen shot of this.