Bug 1541486

Summary: Base table creation dialog window title is shown in different languages
Product: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Reporter: Martin Krajnak <mkrajnak>
Component: libreofficeAssignee: Stephan Bergmann <sbergman>
Status: CLOSED ERRATA QA Contact: Desktop QE <desktop-qa-list>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: 7.5CC: jkoten, jreznik, mkrajnak, tpelka
Target Milestone: rc   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: x86_64   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2018-04-10 12:04:37 UTC Type: Bug
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
Attachments:
Description Flags
dutch none

Description Martin Krajnak 2018-02-02 17:07:44 UTC
Created attachment 1390247 [details]
dutch

Description of problem:
I've noticed that one dialog in LO Base somehow showing content in different languages, so far I've seen Dutch, Czech and Welsh (according to google language  recognizer).


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
libreoffice-5.3.6.1-7.el7.x86_64x

How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Start base
2.Go through wizard (Click Next and Finish)
3.Save the database
4.Choose create table in design view

Actual results:
New window is opened but the last two words are in random language.

Expected results:
The window title should be in English since everything is in english.

Additional info:
Not sure what should be causing it I have installed all libreoffice packages including langpacks my lang is set to LANG=en_US.utf8 and I have the whole system in English.

I reinstalled mi libreoffice and I noticed that last lagpack installed was 
libreoffice-langpack-nl-5.3.6.1-7.el7.x86_64, which is ditch if I am not mistaken.
After removing only the langpack the dialog window was again in different language.

Comment 2 Caolan McNamara 2018-02-02 20:18:59 UTC
caolanm->sbergman: affects upstream master too

framework/source/fwe/helper/titlehelper.cxx:541 gets the ooSetupFactoryUIName property for com.sun.star.sdb.TableDesign 

my config from --with-lang=de has both

<prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryUIName"><value xml:lang="en-US">Base: Table Design</value></prop>

and...

<prop oor:name="ooSetupFactoryUIName"><value xml:lang="de">Base: Tabellenentwurf</value></prop>

but the one used is the German one, presumably because it appears after the en-US one. I imagine this specific config element is marked up wrong, does it need something like oor:localized="true" in Setup.xcs or ... ?

Comment 3 Stephan Bergmann 2018-02-02 21:01:44 UTC
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8f44fb5ee0bd21d192820ffd359504f6d1c68a52> "Mark Base window titles for localisation" localized uses of ooSetupFactoryUIName in officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Setup.xcu, but failed to mark the prop as oor:localized="true" in officecfg/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Setup.xcs

Comment 6 Martin Krajnak 2018-02-07 08:53:44 UTC
Fixed in libreoffice-5.3.6.1-8.el7.x86_64

Comment 10 errata-xmlrpc 2018-04-10 12:04:37 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.

For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.

If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.

https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2018:0751