|Summary:||Net install caused /tmp to run out of space due to flood in dnf.librepo.log|
|Product:||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8||Reporter:||Jens Petersen <petersen>|
|Component:||dnf||Assignee:||Lukáš Hrázký <lhrazky>|
|Status:||CLOSED ERRATA||QA Contact:||Jan Blazek <jblazek>|
|Version:||8.0||CC:||apevec, dmach, james.antill, jkonecny, lhrazky, mblaha, mihai, mkolman|
|Fixed In Version:||dnf-4.2.6-1.el8||Doc Type:||If docs needed, set a value|
|Doc Text:||Story Points:||---|
|Last Closed:||2019-11-05 22:21:13 UTC||Type:||Bug|
|oVirt Team:||---||RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:|
|Cloudforms Team:||---||Target Upstream Version:|
|Bug Depends On:||1681084|
Description Jens Petersen 2019-02-19 07:41:28 UTC
Comment 1 Jens Petersen 2019-02-19 08:35:03 UTC
Okay well I just tried again and successfully netinstalled (exact same RHEL 8 WS config) and dnf.librepo.log was only 1.6MB...
Comment 2 Jiri Konecny 2019-02-19 09:37:01 UTC
Thanks for the report. It is good to know that the log file could grow so large. I see this as a proposal on DNF to avoid such a grow of the log.
Comment 3 Martin Kolman 2019-02-19 12:12:56 UTC
(In reply to Jiri Konecny from comment #2) > Thanks for the report. It is good to know that the log file could grow so > large. > > I see this as a proposal on DNF to avoid such a grow of the log. Definitely - seems to me like a debugging message that was left in place by mistake.
Comment 6 Alan Pevec 2019-03-19 20:53:25 UTC
originally reported on Fedora/dnf bug 1580022 on RHEL 8 Beta I ended up with > 7 GB DEBUG level lines in dnf.librepo.log: -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 7376408576 Mar 19 16:20 dnf.librepo.log
Comment 7 Lukáš Hrázký 2019-03-27 19:06:58 UTC
Pull requests: https://github.com/rpm-software-management/libdnf/pull/707 https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf/pull/1363 These turn off debug logging for librepo by default. There are other log files, the logging is fragmented and not in great shape in general. I hope we'll revisit it in the future with a more complete solution.
Comment 13 errata-xmlrpc 2019-11-05 22:21:13 UTC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below. If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report. https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2019:3583