Red Hat Bugzilla – Full Text Bug Listing
|Summary:||Can't exectue X11 apps in an ssh session with X11Forwarding enabled.|
|Product:||[Fedora] Fedora||Reporter:||Gian Paolo Mureddu <thetargos>|
|Component:||openssh||Assignee:||Tomas Mraz <tmraz>|
|Status:||CLOSED NOTABUG||QA Contact:||Brian Brock <bbrock>|
|Fixed In Version:||Doc Type:||Bug Fix|
|Doc Text:||Story Points:||---|
|Last Closed:||2006-06-06 04:04:40 EDT||Type:||---|
|oVirt Team:||---||RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:|
Description Gian Paolo Mureddu 2006-06-04 02:04:07 EDT
Description of problem: Starting an SSH session with ssh -Y user@server from any computer to FC5 results in an inability to connect to the DISPLAY from the applications, as such failing with a connection error. It does not matter if the server has in /etc/ssh/sshd_config X11Forwarding yes and if the server is called with either ssh -Y | ssh -X, the result is always the same. Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): openssh-4.3p2-4 openssh-clients-4.3p2-4 openssh-server-4.3p2-4 openssh-askpass-4.3p2-4 How reproducible: Always. Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start an SSH session with either ssh -Y or ssh -X to an FC5 machine. 2. Try to execute any X application. Actual results: The applications return an error regarding an inability to connect to the display, doing an echo $DISPLAY from within the SSH session returns: localhost:10.0, but still the applications can't connect. Expected results: To be able to tunnel X11 protocol through SSH when explicitly set to. Additional info:
Comment 1 Tomas Mraz 2006-06-05 04:07:30 EDT
I cannot reproduce this problem here. I don't think it is openssh problem. What says rpm -q xorg-x11-xauth libX11 ? What is exactly printed on console when you run for example xterm? Do you have SELinux enabled?
Comment 2 Gian Paolo Mureddu 2006-06-05 21:44:57 EDT
Here's the output of rpm -q xorg-x11-xauth libX11: xorg-x11-xauth-1.0.1-1.2 libX11-1.0.0-3 libX11-1.0.0-3 I'd assume this double libX11 is due 'cause I have FC5 x86_64. Now this is odd... Yesterday, it did not work, today it works... I applied a series of updates yesterday, I don't exactly remember which updates did the system applied (ran pup mannually)... Did not reboot the system, only thing I did was restart my session, and I did restart sshd after making the changes to /etc/ssh/sshd_config. Looking at /var/log/yum.log these are the updates applied: Jun 04 22:34:07 Updated: alsa-lib.i386 1.0.11-4.rc2 Jun 04 22:34:09 Updated: info.x86_64 4.8-9.2.fc5.1 Jun 04 22:34:11 Updated: procps.x86_64 3.2.6-3.4 Jun 04 22:34:13 Updated: alsa-lib.x86_64 1.0.11-4.rc2 Jun 04 22:34:16 Updated: texinfo.x86_64 4.8-9.2.fc5.1 Jun 04 22:34:23 Updated: alsa-lib-devel.x86_64 1.0.11-4.rc2 SELinux is enabled set as permissive. Thank you for the attention given to this, I guess is a non-issue, then.