Bug 194245

Summary: balsa fails to build in mock with minimal build environment.
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Paul Howarth <paul>
Component: balsaAssignee: Pawel Salek <pawsa>
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance <extras-qa>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: rawhideCC: dcantrell, extras-qa
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: 2.3.12-2 Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-06-06 19:08:46 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:
Bug Depends On:    
Bug Blocks: 193444    
Attachments:
Description Flags
Build log with minimal environment none

Description Paul Howarth 2006-06-06 16:08:02 UTC
This package fails to build in mock if the minimal build group is reduced to
only the packages listed in the Exceptions section of the packaging guidelines.
 build.log is attached.

This can be fixed by adding a buildreq of gettext

Comment 1 Paul Howarth 2006-06-06 16:08:03 UTC
Created attachment 130616 [details]
Build log with minimal environment

Comment 2 Pawel Salek 2006-06-06 17:34:39 UTC
Is it only balsa that fails? It looks to me as a problem with the building
environment, rather. I see in the log a following sequence:

Making install in po
make[1]: Entering directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/po'
/builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/install-sh -d
/var/tmp/balsa-2.3.12-1.fc6-root-mockbuild/usr/share
if test "balsa" = "glib"; then \
	  /builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/install-sh -d
/var/tmp/balsa-2.3.12-1.fc6-root-mockbuild/usr/share/glib-2.0/gettext/po; \
	  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Makefile.in.in \
			 
/var/tmp/balsa-2.3.12-1.fc6-root-mockbuild/usr/share/glib-2.0/gettext/po/Makefile.in.in;
\
	else \
	  : ; \
	fi
make[1]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/po'
But there appears to be a missing chunk that installs the .po files.

I have seen some reports on fedora-devel that current rawhide is broken. I am
tempted to wait few days until the smoke clears.

Comment 3 Paul Howarth 2006-06-06 17:41:40 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> Is it only balsa that fails?

No, there are over a hundred failing packages. The default mock build
environment is being reduced down to the packages listed in the "Exceptions"
section of the Packaging Guidelines and their dependencies, The current mock
configuration on the buildsystem contains many more packages than this (e.g.
gettext) and packages that buildrequire any of the soon-to-be-removed packages
but don't explictly have a build dependency on them will fail to build when the
buildsystem is updated. Hence the affected packages are being tracked down now
so that they can be fixed before the big change.

> It looks to me as a problem with the building
> environment, rather. I see in the log a following sequence:
> 
> Making install in po
> make[1]: Entering directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/po'
> /builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/install-sh -d
> /var/tmp/balsa-2.3.12-1.fc6-root-mockbuild/usr/share
> if test "balsa" = "glib"; then \
> 	  /builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/install-sh -d
> /var/tmp/balsa-2.3.12-1.fc6-root-mockbuild/usr/share/glib-2.0/gettext/po; \
> 	  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Makefile.in.in \
> 			 
>
/var/tmp/balsa-2.3.12-1.fc6-root-mockbuild/usr/share/glib-2.0/gettext/po/Makefile.in.in;
> \
> 	else \
> 	  : ; \
> 	fi
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/builddir/build/BUILD/balsa-2.3.12/po'
> But there appears to be a missing chunk that installs the .po files.
> 
> I have seen some reports on fedora-devel that current rawhide is broken. I am
> tempted to wait few days until the smoke clears.

Well, put it this way, I tried adding gettext as a buildreq and then the build
worked :-)



Comment 4 Pawel Salek 2006-06-06 18:47:29 UTC
It is bit strange though that lack of gettext manifests itself so late and not
eg in the configure phase when the Makefile is generated. Anyway, I have added
gettext to buildreqs and it really fixes the problem. Thanks for your report!