Bug 552318

Summary: deploying content to a resource never gets out of "In Progress"
Product: [Other] RHQ Project Reporter: John Mazzitelli <mazz>
Component: ContentAssignee: Charles Crouch <ccrouch>
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE QA Contact:
Severity: high Docs Contact:
Priority: high    
Version: 1.4CC: ccrouch, cwelton, hbrock, jshaughn, mmccune, whayutin
Target Milestone: ---Keywords: SubBug
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: All   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-05-23 16:46:47 EDT Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
Bug Depends On:    
Bug Blocks: 565635, 565650    

Description John Mazzitelli 2010-01-04 12:05:33 EST
I'm trying to do something using content - specifically, pushing and deleting content packages (note: this is NOT content-backed resource creation - its just pushing content to an existing resource for that resource's use). I wrote a plugin that defines its own content package types - I can have the agent discover packages, the GUI can upload packages and push those packages to my plugin component and I can remove those packages. All of that works on the agent side. However, in the server/GUI, things are broken. When I go to the content tab, anytime I try to do something (upload a package, delete packages) the audit history gets stuck in "in progress" state. None of my requests get out of that "in progress" state (even though I can confirm that the agent/plugin side of things is finished doing what it needed to do - and it did it successfully). So, some how, the content subsystem has a bug where it can't complete a content workflow from server-to-agent. This does NOT involve content repos or channel subscriptions - I am essentially using the browser-file-upload capability to upload a package and push it directly out to the agent.

In addition, after I deploy more than one piece of content, only the last one is shown in the "deployed" subtab of the Content tab.
Comment 1 wes hayutin 2010-02-16 11:57:58 EST
Temporarily adding the keyword "SubBug" so we can be sure we have accounted for all the bugs.

keyword:
new = Tracking + FutureFeature + SubBug
Comment 2 wes hayutin 2010-02-16 12:02:56 EST
making sure we're not missing any bugs in rhq_triage
Comment 3 Joseph Marques 2010-12-13 15:07:37 EST
that's not good.  aside from the individual issue here, we probably want a job that comes along and periodically sweeps for things stuck in the "in progress" state, and forcefully cancels them.