This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2016-08-01. It is expected to last about 1 hours

Bug 679955

Summary: — entity in admonitions displayed in locally built guides but not staged copies.
Product: [Community] Publican Reporter: Stephen Gordon <sgordon>
Component: publicanAssignee: Jeff Fearn <jfearn>
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG QA Contact: Ruediger Landmann <rlandman>
Severity: unspecified Docs Contact:
Priority: unspecified    
Version: futureCC: mmcallis, publican-list
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: Unspecified   
OS: Unspecified   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2011-03-23 00:54:25 EDT Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Attachments:
Description Flags
Remote output.
none
Local output. none

Description Stephen Gordon 2011-02-23 18:16:16 EST
Description of problem:

I have a number of admonitions in a guide with titles that contain the &mdash; entity:

<title>Note &mdash; Bundled JBoss Enterprise Application Platform restrictions</title>

When I build locally these are displayed correctly in both html and pdf output formats. When run through publican brew however I found that in the resultant package both the pdf and html output is missing the dash.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

2.5.0

How reproducible:

Very

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a chapter in the guide with doctype tags as follows:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd" [
<!ENTITY % BOOK_ENTITIES SYSTEM "Technical_Reference_Guide.ent">
%BOOK_ENTITIES;
]>

2. Add an admonition to the chapter that has a title which contains an &mdash; entity.
3. Build locally, observe that the output contains the dash.
4. Build remotely (brew), observe that the output does not contain the dash.
  
Actual results:

Brewed copy does not contain the &mdash; at all.

Expected results:

Admonition titles with &mdash; entity.

Additional info:

Rudi has informed me that I can just replace the docbook entity with the appropriate unicode character but I thought I would report anyway as this *should* work.

I am attaching screenshots of the local and remote build results so that you can see what I mean.
Comment 1 Stephen Gordon 2011-02-23 18:16:46 EST
Created attachment 480599 [details]
Remote output.
Comment 2 Stephen Gordon 2011-02-23 18:17:34 EST
Created attachment 480600 [details]
Local output.
Comment 3 Stephen Gordon 2011-03-23 00:54:25 EDT
After further investigation I have determined that the entities declaration was not included at the top of all chapters in the relevant book. Fixing this and re-submitting to brew the issue appears to have gone away.

I'm going to close as I am now of the belief that my PEBKAC.