Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1000392
Input on some screens is not persistent
Last modified: 2014-09-03 00:56:15 EDT
There are some screens without persistent input. Next -> Previous or Previous -> Next operations will return screen to default state and erase any user changes.
This makes domain socket binding screens really hard to use as user is unable to compare values he entered to different domain profiles.
JDK for quickstarts screen
Pack selection screen
checkboxes on Socket Binding screen
Any input to Domain socket binding screens (all four profiles, standalone is OK)
browser launch checkbox on Server Launch screen
The issue has been patched.
You should now see persistence on the
- JDK for quickstarts screen
- Pack selection screen
- Checkboxes on Socket Binding scree
- Any inpit to Domain socket binding screes
- Browser launch checkbox on Server Launch screen
there will be no ER8. Changing target release to EAP 6.2.
Hi, please move BZs to ON_QA once the issue is fixed and target release is available so I can verify it. Thanks
Verified on EAP 6.2.0.ER2
I just find out that installation path is not persisted after moving to previous (Licence agreement) screen and back.
Persistence added for target panel
There are still some fields we are missing.
eg. "Security Realm Name" on second LDAP Configuration screen after going back to first LDAP screen and back.
I'll go through all post-processing screens during ER5 cycle and give you full list of what should be fixed.
This issue occurs once user enter post-install summary screen.
- go to Post-Install Configuration screen and select Install Infinispan Cache option
- push next twice to get on Post-install summary screen, push previous to get back to Infinispan Configuration screen, now change some values (eg. Infinispan Name), push previous to get back to Post-Install Configuration screen, push next to go to Infinispan Configuration screen
- changed values are not here
- changes were persisted
I guess this is same for all post install configuration screens
This regression has appeared due to requirements in the FSW installer.
In FSW there are panels that cannot be persistent under some cases.
We are discussing a solution to meet both requirements, it may take a lot of Izpack modifications.
The EAP installer should now be persistent on all panels.
Fix will not be present in ER7, pushing to ER8.
Changing Target milestone to CR1. According to the latest information the next build will be CR1. There will be no more ER builds.
Verified on EAP 6.2.0.CR1 installer.