Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1000552
Google calendar appointments appear in all Google calendars
Last modified: 2013-08-28 02:16:03 EDT
Description of problem:
After adding an appointment to the user's Google calendar, copies show up in Evo associated with all Google calendars the user is subscribed to. Attempts to delete copies associated with read-only calendars are blocked. The entries are not actually added to the real Google calendar.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Always (I think)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an online account associated with a Google account that is subscribed to multiple calendars.
2. Create an appointment in that account's primary Google calendar.
Multiple copies of the appointment show up in Evo--one in each subscribed Google calendar.
One copy is created in the primary Google calendar.
Thanks for a bug report. I tried to reproduce this, but with no luck. I did:
a) configure a Google main calendar in evolution
b) configured a secondary Google calendar, which points to one public
calendar which I'm subscribed to in Google's Web UI
c) opened a Day View and created an event in the main Google calendar
Result: an event is shown only once, within the main Google calendar.
Could it be that you have something misconfigured? I'm not sure where to look in detail, probably the underlying .source files may give a hint, and/or when starting `/usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w` from a console and see its output.
Sure enough, I can no longer reproduce this. Sorry to bother--we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...
(I think I actually ran into this with the previous release. I was using my gmail calendar because I couldn't use my Exchange calendar. With evolution-3.8.5-2.fc19.x86_64, both seem to be working as expected, so far.)
(In reply to Matthew Saltzman from comment #2)
> Sure enough, I can no longer reproduce this. Sorry to bother--we now return
> you to your regularly scheduled programming...
No problem at all, I would really like to get the background what could break (I do not recall any bug being fixed for 3.8.5 which would be similar to your observation, which doesn't mean there was none), but as far as 3.8.5 works for you I'm fine.