From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624
Description of problem:
for an harddisk - installatin anaconda need all 3 iso
i need/will_do a quick minimal intstallation from harddisk
eg. ide-enclosure-usb, external scsi, usb-stick, ...
eg. testing if the hardware is supported, rescue-replacement-server/squid, ...
for an english-minimal-inst iso #1 is enough
for an german-minimal-inst iso #1 #2 are enough
i gave anaconda only iso #1 #2
the installation runs just fine at the point where the root-password is given,
afterwards anaconda recognize that there is no disc3 and give me only the
possibility for reboot :-(
- why is there no testing long before this point ?
- why is there no query if it is ok that there is only iso #1 #2 ?
- why is there no possibility to change the media while installation
- why is there no possibility to jump over some packages while installation when
something goes wrong ?
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. provide anaconda iso #1 #2
2. floppy boot
3. harddisk installation
Actual Results: installation brakes after rootpassword-query because there is
no iso #3
Expected Results: - iso-check while choosing the partition/directory
- query if it is ok that there is no iso #3
- the possibility to jump over the warning/error without reboot
We can't know how many CDs there are in the set until we read the header list
(which is late so that machines with lower ram can actually be partitioned and
turn on swap first).
There's another bug about being able to cut down packages based on available
ISOs. It falls into the "someday" category.