Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1006942
SOA Installer should terminate eap process if the installation has failed
Last modified: 2014-09-03 00:57:16 EDT
Created attachment 796422 [details]
Description of problem:
Soa Installer should terminate eap process if installation has failed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Choose server startup mode: "Standalone Mode"
2. go through the installation and on the shortcuts page hit on quit.
* some java processes are still running
* server is not reachable on localhost:8080
* cannot repeat the installation, because the process is holding port 9999.
The Installer is now equipped with a server cleanup job that runs upon install completion, and also when the user quits/aborts the installation. The job checks the AS status and shuts it down if the install was aborted. This will occur before the installer housekeeper removes files, so that it doesn't leave a dangling server process.
The fix includes necessary changes to izpack's Housekeeping class:
The installer branch with the fix:
Commits from merge with SOA6:
Verified in ER6 build.