Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1007737
GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample2 can't be found
Last modified: 2014-01-15 06:46:19 EST
Created attachment 797214 [details]
Description of problem:
When deploying kie-wb-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-as_7.war to Jboss EAP 6.1 and accessing the application, when clicking on Authoring / Project authoring we get in the logs:
10:35:55,728 WARN [org.kie.scanner.MavenClassLoaderResolver] (http-localhost/127.0.0.1:8080-1) Dependency artifact not found for: org.kie.example:guvnor-m2repo-dependency-example1:1.0
and everytime we select GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample2 we get the attached error in the kie-wb application.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
kie-wb-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-as-7.war in Jboss EAP 6.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. deploy kie-wb-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-as-7.war in Jboss EAP 6.1
2. acces the kie-wb
3. access Authoring / Project Authoring
4. The error message should appear
Created attachment 797215 [details]
happens also when deployed to a JBoss AS 7
I suspect this is because GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample1 has not been built and is in the local Guvnor M2 Repository. A (better?) error message needs to be shown if a project dependency cannot be resolved.
This is because GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample1 has not been built yet, thus GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample1 is not available in maven repository. GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample2 depends on GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample1.
We also removed GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample1 and GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample1 from the example git repo. You wont see this error anymore.
I have reproduced the error in ER7 when I reset master branch of guvnorng playground to the state before dependency example projects were removed. I also cleared ~/.m2/repository/org/kie/example/guvnor-m2repo-dependency-example* and ./repositories/ created by business central. When I accessed GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample2 without building GuvnorM2RepoDependencyExample1 first I got the error.
Setting to VERIFIED as comment 6 indicates the error message is not a bug and the dependecy examples were removed.
If there is a problem in handling dependencies between projects, it may be reported later.