Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1008880
Some serious logs don't support localization - JMX
Last modified: 2014-09-19 08:40:50 EDT
There are some serious log messages which don't support localization.
- 152 LOGGER.warn("Trying to undeploy archive " + archiveURL + " which is not currently deployed!");
- 165 log.warn("Error in stop " + jbossInternalDescription(), t);
- 173 log.warn("Error in destroy " + jbossInternalDescription(), t);
- 220 log.warn("Initialization failed " + jbossInternalDescription(), e);
- 253 log.warn("Starting failed " + jbossInternalDescription(), e);
- 286 log.warn("Stopping failed " + jbossInternalDescription(), e);
- 317 log.warn("Destroying failed " + jbossInternalDescription(), t);
Reassigning to web services.
RemoteDeployer is used for test purposes only , so there's no need for it to support localization.
ServiceMBeanSupport is not part of the webservices subsystem or ws components.
 more in details, it's a support class used by the jbossws testsuite to deploy/undeploy test archives
There are still some failures in EAP 6.3.0 DR0:
132 LOGGER.warnf("ServiceStartFailed: %s", serviceName);
197 WEB_LOGGER.errorf(e, "");
102 ctx.getErrorHandler().error("Failed to load identity info for patch " + patch.getPatchId(), e);
116 ctx.getErrorHandler().error("Failed to load previous patch", e);
51 ctx.getErrorHandler().error("File doesn't exist: " + file.getAbsolutePath());
56 ctx.getErrorHandler().error("Failed to parse file: " + file.getAbsolutePath(), e);
84 ctx.getErrorHandler().error("Layer not found: " + metadata.getName());
435 PatchLogger.ROOT_LOGGER.warnf(e, "failed to undo change (%s)", modification);
Please file separate bugs per component, assigned to the relevant component lead. I'll use this one for the ServiceMBeanSupport one, as that is the component relevant to the initial report.
Never mind this time; I'll do them all. It's easier.
I have filed 2 BZs already:
BZ #1067019 and BZ #1067020
And here is the 3rd (last) one: BZ #1067024
The only fail in EAP 6.3.0.ER9 in JMX is:
- 379 log.error(e);
I didn't submit my planned PR for this because the upstream changes couldn't be merged until after 6.3 work was in blockers-only mode. I'll send up a PR today but I expect it won't be merged for 6.3.0.
Withdrawing my dev_ack for 6.3 as it is too late for the WFLY-2964 backport.
The PR for the backport for 6.4 is https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-eap/pull/1505
Verified with EAP 6.4.0.DR1.1