Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1009376
anaconda-ks.cfg doesn't contain proper bonding configuration
Last modified: 2014-10-14 02:39:36 EDT
One of our test cases uses bonding configuration and the resulting ks.cfg is not the same as the one passed to anaconda.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Obtain a machine with two Ethernet ports connected to an Ethernet switch
1. Start kickstart installation of the system
2. Ensure that kickstart contains
+ network --bootproto=dhcp --device=bond0 --bondslaves=eth0,eth1 --bondopts=mode=balance-rr,arp_interval=100,arp_ip_target=ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd
where ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd is the IP address of the default GW for the network.
3. Ensure that bond has been set up properly during installation in %post
4. Also check bond setup on the installed system
1. Installation should pass without errors
2. Bond has been properly set up either during the installation and on the
3. After system is installed check network statement in /root/anaconda-ks.cfg,
it should contain all channel bonding specific options specified in the
network --onboot yes --device bond0 --mtu=1500 --bootproto dhcp
network --onboot yes --device eth0 --noipv4 --noipv6
network --onboot yes --device eth1 --noipv4 --noipv6
You can check above mentioned setup by inspecting:
* /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves - should contain
* /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode should contain
balance-rr and/or 0
* /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/arp_interval should contain 100
* /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/arp_ip_target should contain ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd
^^^^ this was all correct on the installed system.
Created attachment 799280 [details]
Created attachment 799281 [details]
Created attachment 799282 [details]
Created attachment 799284 [details]
Created attachment 799287 [details]
Created attachment 799292 [details]
Created attachment 799295 [details]
*** Bug 1003864 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This request was not resolved in time for the current release.
Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
propose this request, if still desired, for consideration in
the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Created attachment 892861 [details]
a patch with fix
Updates image for testing with the patch can be applied to rhel 6.5 by adding
installer boot option.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.