Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1010402
Mouse input gets sent to wrong display when using guest config tools to re-arrange displays
Last modified: 2016-05-25 10:53:39 EDT
Description of problem:
It's possible to get into a situation where clicking in one display actually registers as a click in a different display when the display geometry has been changed using the configuration tools in the guest
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
virt-viewer from git
RHEL 6.4 guest with 2 displays
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open virt-viewer with a RHEL guest that has 2 displays configured
2. In the guest, open display configuration tool (System > Preferences > Display)
3. The Display config tool should show two displays side-by-side
4. Re-arrange the monitors by dragging the one on the left so it is now on the right
5. Click 'Apply'
What is displayed on each screen should not change, but the relationship between the displays (e.g. the edge that you drag a window off to move it to between displays) will be different. Everything else should work normally.
- The content of the two monitors becomes swapped (e.g. applications that were displayed on display 1 are now displayed on monitor 2)
- The mouse input still behaves as if the content was not swapped. In other words: in order to interact with a window on Display 1, you need to click the point on Display 2 where the window would be if it were drawn on Display 2.
It is fixed in virt-viewer for a while