Bug 1012077 - Review Request: python-qpid_messaging - Python bindings for the Qpid messaging framework
Review Request: python-qpid_messaging - Python bindings for the Qpid messagin...
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Sandro Mani
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-09-25 12:23 EDT by Darryl L. Pierce
Modified: 2015-06-21 20:08 EDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc19
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-09-25 16:56:25 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
manisandro: fedora‑review+
limburgher: fedora‑cvs+


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Darryl L. Pierce 2013-09-25 12:23:59 EDT
Spec URL: http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/rpms/python-qpid_messaging.spec
SRPM URL: http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/rpms/python-qpid_messaging-0.24-1.fc19.src.rpm
Description: Python bindings for the Qpid messaging framework
Fedora Account System Username: mcpierce

Scratch build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5983811
Comment 1 Sandro Mani 2013-09-25 13:24:16 EDT
Polishing:
- %defattr(-,root,root,-) is unnecessary
- make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot} can be replaced by %make_install
- escape the % in the comments (i.e. % -> %%)
- typo in changelog: <dpierce@redhat.com -> <dpierce@redhat.com> (note the final >)
- is _pkgdocdir needed?
- document patches (issue, upstream status)

Issues:
- empty debuginfo package 

Rpmlint:
python-qpid_messaging.x86_64: W: unstripped-binary-or-object /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_qpid_messaging.so
python-qpid_messaging.src:59: W: macro-in-comment %{buildroot}
python-qpid_messaging.src:59: W: macro-in-comment %{_datadir}
python-qpid_messaging.src:70: W: macro-in-comment %doc
python-qpid_messaging.src:70: W: macro-in-comment %{_datadir}
python-qpid_messaging.src: W: file-size-mismatch python-qpid_messaging-0.24.tar.gz = 9410, http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.24/python-qpid_messaging-0.24.tar.gz = 9518
2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 6 warnings.


Rest looks good.
Comment 2 Darryl L. Pierce 2013-09-25 14:48:10 EDT
(In reply to Sandro Mani from comment #1)
> Polishing:
> - %defattr(-,root,root,-) is unnecessary

Removed it.

> - make install DESTDIR=%{buildroot} can be replaced by %make_install

Replaced it.

> - escape the % in the comments (i.e. % -> %%)

That's a place holder for an update that'll include Python example apps.

> - typo in changelog: <dpierce@redhat.com -> <dpierce@redhat.com> (note the
> final >)

Fixed.

> - is _pkgdocdir needed?

Yeah, there's going to be documentation (including the above mentioned examples) in an upcoming update.

> - document patches (issue, upstream status)

Added the JIRA number for each patch (all are QPID-4952).

> Issues:
> - empty debuginfo package 

> Rpmlint:
> python-qpid_messaging.x86_64: W: unstripped-binary-or-object
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_qpid_messaging.so
> python-qpid_messaging.src:59: W: macro-in-comment %{buildroot}
> python-qpid_messaging.src:59: W: macro-in-comment %{_datadir}
> python-qpid_messaging.src:70: W: macro-in-comment %doc
> python-qpid_messaging.src:70: W: macro-in-comment %{_datadir}
> python-qpid_messaging.src: W: file-size-mismatch
> python-qpid_messaging-0.24.tar.gz = 9410,
> http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.24/python-qpid_messaging-0.24.tar.gz = 9518
> 2 packages and 0 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 6 warnings.
> 
> 
> Rest looks good.

Updated SPEC:  http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/rpms/python-qpid_messaging.spec
Updated SRPM:  http://mcpierce.fedorapeople.org/rpms/python-qpid_messaging-0.24-2.fc19.src.rpm
Scratch build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5984389
Comment 3 Sandro Mani 2013-09-25 15:01:40 EDT
Rpmlint still complains about
python-qpid_messaging.x86_64: W: unstripped-binary-or-object /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_qpid_messaging.so
According to [1], solution is to make sure binaries are executable.


Everything else is ok, so I'll approve the package. But check whether you can get rid of that warning.


[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_Rpmlint_issues#unstripped-binary-or-object
Comment 4 Darryl L. Pierce 2013-09-25 15:11:42 EDT
(In reply to Sandro Mani from comment #3)
> Rpmlint still complains about
> python-qpid_messaging.x86_64: W: unstripped-binary-or-object
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/_qpid_messaging.so
> According to [1], solution is to make sure binaries are executable.

Hrm, that's very strange. I built locally, ran rpmlint on the output files and that error didn't occur. I added a macro to address the issue.

> Everything else is ok, so I'll approve the package. But check whether you
> can get rid of that warning.
> 
> 
> [1]
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_Rpmlint_issues#unstripped-binary-or-
> object

Thank you!
Comment 5 Darryl L. Pierce 2013-09-25 15:13:22 EDT
New Package SCM Request
=======================
Package Name: python-qpid_messaging
Short Description: Python bindings for the Qpid messaging framework
Owners: mcpierce
Branches: f18 f19 f20 rawhide
InitialCC: mcpierce
Comment 6 Gwyn Ciesla 2013-09-25 15:26:03 EDT
Git done (by process-git-requests).

No need to request rawhide, devel is automatic.
Comment 7 Fedora Update System 2013-09-25 16:19:57 EDT
python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc20
Comment 8 Fedora Update System 2013-09-25 16:39:34 EDT
python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc19
Comment 9 Fedora Update System 2013-09-25 16:54:33 EDT
python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc18
Comment 10 Fedora Update System 2013-10-02 21:09:53 EDT
python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository.
Comment 11 Fedora Update System 2013-10-05 21:30:16 EDT
python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository.
Comment 12 Fedora Update System 2013-10-05 21:30:42 EDT
python-qpid_messaging-0.24-3.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository.
Comment 13 Darryl L. Pierce 2014-02-18 13:32:50 EST
Package Change Request
======================
Package Name: perl-qpid_messaging
New Branches: epel7
Owners: mcpierce
Comment 14 Darryl L. Pierce 2014-02-18 13:33:00 EST
Package Change Request
======================
Package Name: python-qpid_messaging
New Branches: epel7
Owners: mcpierce
Comment 15 Gwyn Ciesla 2014-02-18 13:39:12 EST
Git done (by process-git-requests).

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.