Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 101358
Fatal Error Downloading gtkhtml RPM package
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:11 EST
Description of problem:
Run updater. Channel is "redhat-linux-i386-9". Attempt to update "gtkhtml".
Results in an error dialog:
> There was a fatal error communicating with the server. The message was:
> File Not Found: r-e-d.a
> Error Message:
> Invalid RPM package gtkhtml-1.1.9-0.9.src.rpm requested
> Error Class Code: 17
> Error Class Info: File not found.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click on red ball with "!" to run Red Hat Network Alert Notification Tool.
2. Click on the "launch up2date..." button.
3. In Red Hat Update Agent, select "gtkhtml" and click on the "> Forward"
4. Progress dialog pops up: "Testing package set/solving RPM inter-
5. New dialog displayed, "Packages Required to Solve Dependencies", which says
it needs to download "gtkhtml-devel", version "1.1.9", release "0.9".
6. Click "> Forward". After a few seconds, error mentioned above is displayed.
Error message mentioned above.
Download & install package.
I am getting this also. Apparently, my config option to download source rpms
with the rest, was a problem here-- It says it cannot find
Could it be that you guys forgot to put this package on the server???
Uh, Sorry! But because I just downloaded 100 meg of updates, and I can't advance
from "Retrieving Packages" to "Installing", means I can't install this boatload
of updates until this problem is taken care of. THat makes it pretty high
priority, pretty critical to me... and I think to you guys also! I counted 4 new
bug reports with "gtkhtml" in them!
should be fixed now, server side problem with some missing src rpms.
NOTABUG ...well NOT A up2date BUG. It was a server-side issue.