Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1014461
RFE: Address "brain split" in docs with recommended (or at least supported) approach
Last modified: 2014-06-12 02:18:02 EDT
We need to research this and figure out what we want to say about this problem in the docs and then add it in the most useful place.
Drafted content for six topics for this:
1. Network Partition
2. Preventing Network Partitions
3. Network Partition Recovery Strategies
a. The Primary Partitions Strategy
b. The Merging Partitions Strategy
c. The Eventual Consistency Strategy
Asked Bela to have a look at the drafts and provide feedback.
TODO: configurations for each strategy.
* Implemented Bela's feedback and added two configuration topics.
* Asked Bela to have a quick scan through the improvements and the new topics to confirm technical accuracy.
* Added content to administration and configuration guide.
Due to a lack of recommendations of this problem in the current JDG release, closing this NOTABUG.
The leftover material is fairly introductory so I'm not sure it is of any use to GSS, but if it is, dereed I am happy to share it with you for a kbase article.
Noting topic numbers for possibly inclusion (and expansion) in a future release.