Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1014916
Show only selected post-install configuration options on post-install summary screen
Last modified: 2014-09-03 00:56:22 EDT
Created attachment 806881 [details]
Post-install summary screen with unused configuration
Description of problem:
Post install summary screen shouldn't show all post-install configuration if we uncheck all options on Post-install Configuration screen. I would prefer to skip this screen once none of post-install options is checked.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run gui installation, go to Post-Install Configuration screen
2. Select "Perform additional post-install configuration
3. Check some of post-install configuration
4. Continue to Post Install configuration summary screen
5. Return to Post-Install Configuration screen and uncheck all post-install options you chose in step 3. (but leave "Perform additional post-install caonfiguration" radio button pushed)
6. Press next button
Post Install configuration summary screen is shown with all configuration options we've made (see attachment).
Post Install Configuration
Vault Configuration: off
SSL Configuration: off
LDAP Configuration selected: off
Install Infinispan cache: off
Install security-somain: off
JDBC Configuration selected: off
is shown or this screen is skipped (I'd prefer this option if IZ-pack allow us to do so).
This could be seen as two issues:
1) skip Summary screen if none of post-configuration checkboxes is checked
2) do not show the configuration of unchecked options on Summary scree (eg. we check two post-install options, on summary screen we decide to go back and uncheck one of them, but summary screen still show both configurations)
There is actually security domain set to ON on the attachment 806881 [details] (my mistake), but even if it would be OFF the rest of the screen would remain the same.
Post install summary panel will now only show the options you have checked, as described in the expected results.
I'm not sure about skipping the summary panel if none of the post-configuration checkboxes are checked, but the user had selected to perform a post-installation. If the user intended to do post-install but selects nothing, I think it should explicitly be shown that nothing has been configured, it also gives the user a chance to hit the previous button incase they want to change their mind.
Yes, that's a really good point.
Verified on EAP 6.2.0.ER5 installer.