From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225
Description of problem:
1) Installed RedHat Linux 9.0.
2) Patched system to current levels using up2date.
3) Later ran "up2date --install net-snmp-utils".
4) Up2date reports net-snmp-utils needs packages:
5) Up2date proceeded to re-install basesystem and glibc.
"rpm -qa | grep basesystem" now produces this output:
"rpm -qa | grep glibc-2" now produces this output:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Haven't tried to reproduce because I don't want to make a bigger mess of the system.
How do I remove one of the duplicated packages, i.e. how to I make one instance
of basesystem go away?
Additional info: Tried running "rpm --rebuilddb" this did not make the
duplicate packages go away.