Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1015987
Check the entered parameter values on typing
Last modified: 2014-10-13 07:34:10 EDT
Description of problem:
When modifying some parameter value in any resource Configuration, it would be good to check it on typing. Currently it's done only when switching to another control (another parameter edit field). Depending on the entered parameter correctness the Save button should be also enabled or disabled as soon as the new value entered.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select any resource which has at least one mandatory text/integer parameter in Configuration.
2. Clear the mandatory parameter value.
3. Switch to another control
4. Enter correct value. Don't switch to another control or click Save.
5. Switch to another control
1. All required values are filled. The Save button is disabled.
2. Incorrect value has been discovered and rejected immediately. Red icon with exclamation sign appeared near the edit field. The Save button is still disabled.
3. Nothing changed - the value has already been checked earlier.
4. Correct value has been discovered and accepted immediately. Red icon with exclamation sign disappeared. The Save button became enabled.
5. Nothing changed - the value has already been checked earlier.
2. NOK. The value hasn't been checked. There is no red exclamation sign or any other indication.
3. NOK. The red icon has appeared. Also red message about incorrect value appeared at the top of window. But the Save button became enabled.
4. NOK. The value hasn't been checked. Despite the value is correct, there is still red exclamation sign.
5. The value has been checked. All error indications disappeared. The Save button is still enabled.
The requested behavior (on-typing value check) is already implemented in other places. E.g., for metrics collection interval values and many others.