Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1016636
[RHEVM][webadmin] remove VM network checkbox from manage network dialog
Last modified: 2014-05-08 09:35:11 EDT
Description of problem:
It does really not make sense to have VM Network checkbox in the middle of Manage network dialog.
1) it is confusing because all the checkboxes look the same (in unchecked state) and 4 of 5 can be changed, just the VM network is not interactive (because VM network is property set per network, not per cluster)
2) VM network checkbox as indicator of network role is redundant since user can see network role icon in background on Networks main tab
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager Version: 3.3.0-0.24.master.el6ev
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create new network
2. pick the new network and go to Clusters sub-tab
3. click manage networks (see screenshot)
VM network checkbox is confusing for the user
Remove VM network checkbox form Manage Network dialog or at least make it clear for user that this checkbox is not interactive
Created attachment 809265 [details]
Suggestion for change:
Replace VM network checkbox with green vm icon which is shown under Role column in main tab Netwoks.
VM network = True => green VM icon is shown
VM network = False => no icon is show
In my opinion this would make it clear for the user that this field is not to be changed in this dialog window.
This is an automated message
oVirt 3.4.1 has been released:
* should fix your issue
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.