Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1018967
Inconsistency in package installation status
Last modified: 2013-11-01 07:02:08 EDT
Created attachment 812210 [details]
meld displayed as ready for installation (even if installed)
Description of problem:
Gnome-software shows some packages as ready for installation even if they are installed
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
depends on what's searched
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open gnome-application
2. search for 'gnome' to find all applicable packages
3. result shows some applications available for installation even if they are already installed
Installed applications have button 'Install' in search result
Installed application should have button 'Remove'
1. If I search exact application with its name (e.g. not general search like 'gnome' but 'meld'), search result shows this application with correct button 'remove'
2. Please see attached screenshots for better understanding of this bug:
Application Meld is installed on my PC
a) search result of word 'gnome' shows meld available for installation
b) search result of word 'meld' shows meld ready for removal
3. If I click on 'Install' button, it looks like the installation is initiated but ends quickly (without gnome-software crash or any other error) and application is still listed with button 'Install'
Created attachment 812211 [details]
Meld displayed correctly - with remove button
I tried with other application (Archive manager) that's installed on my laptop (e.g. is listed in gnome-software under 'installed' applications with remove button).
When I search for 'Archive manager', result contains Archive manager application with 'Install' button (e.g. could be installed)
When I search for 'Archive' only, result returned Archive manager with remove button (e.g. as already installed)
I can confirm this bug is fixed with current version of gnome-software (3.10.3-1). Ticket can be closed. Thank you!