Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1019989
Password entered into installer is written to dtgov.properties in plain text
Last modified: 2014-02-06 10:29:31 EST
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
I believe this will be resolved post-beta with the use of the vault.
All of the overlord apps now support using vaulted passwords in their config files rather than plain text. In this particular case the installer needs to be updated to do the following:
1) create/init the EAP vault
2) auto-generate a password for a dtgov service user named "dtgovworkflow"
3) create the dtgovworkflow user via 'add-user.sh' or equiv.
4) store the generated password in the EAP vault
5) write the dtgovworkflow username and generated password's vault key to dtgov.properties (instead of using the plain text password entered by the user)
Further details of this have been documented elsewhere for reference by interested parties.
Assigning this BZ to thauser to complete the prod installer changes.
Changes for this should be complete for ER7. Need the full build for confirmation.
Verified in ER7-2
grep password dtgov.properties