Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1022194
Flags reverted without warning when updating comment
Last modified: 2013-11-17 20:47:24 EST
on bug 1009700 between comment 22 and 23, flags where changed. I was viewing the bug prior to the flags being changed and tried to add comment 23. I was never warned about the fact that flags had changed. Thus, the flags were reverted when I committed comment 23.
bug 475802 looks similar, but it was CLOSED.
The "mid-air collision" detection feature should catch this. From reading the other bug it appears that there was an intention to fix this in the upstream 4.4, but that either didn't happen or didn't make it into our version of the code.
I need detailed instructions to reproduce this error, as I cannot do so. Using Firefox 25 (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0), I did the following:
1) Open two firefox windows, and log in as two different users with necessary permissions to see and change the flags.
2) View https://bzweb01-devel.app.eng.rdu.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=908450 in each window.
3) In one window change the four rhel flags, and submit the change.
4) In the other window, make a comment without changing the flags.
5) I received a midair collision page, as expected. See screenshot.
(In reply to Jason McDonald from comment #2)
> The "mid-air collision" detection feature should catch this. From reading
> the other bug it appears that there was an intention to fix this in the
> upstream 4.4, but that either didn't happen or didn't make it into our
> version of the code.
The upstream 4.4 change was included in Red Hat Bugzilla 4.4-3 (the first Red Hat Bugzilla 4.4-3 release we did)
It is very likely that this upstream bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=927570 which went live earlier this month is what fixed this problem.