Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1022740
Add project maintainer dialog is of poor usability
Last modified: 2014-07-06 23:18:52 EDT
Description of problem:
The dialog that allows a project maintainer to add another maintainer is poorly defined and implemented. It allows the user to accidentally add other users and doesn't behave intuitively in filling out the visible user details.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in as an admin or maintainer
2. Go to a project
3. Click Manage Maintainers
4. Click Add
5. Enter the name of an existing user, but don't select them
- Note that they show in a list, but no other details are filled in
6. Press Enter
- Note that nothing appears to happen
7. Press Enter again - user assuming enter will show them the user details
Nothing appears to happen in the foreground, but the user is added as a maintainer in the background
The foreground dialog should be filled in. Only on clicking Add should a user be added.
Also, attempting to add a user that is already a maintainer provides no feedback to the user.
Is this still an issue with user interface has been changed since 3.3.0?