Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1024646
Bijiben import from tomboy/gnote does not work and breaks original note files
Last modified: 2013-11-10 01:42:05 EST
Description of problem:
Using the import notes functionality to import notes from gnote/tomboy appears to work at first (the notes show up in the window after they are imported, and can be viewed), but the notes are not actually imported into the bijiben note store (~/.local/share/bijiben) and the formatting of the original gnote/tomboy notes is altered - line breaks and formatting are removed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open bijiben ("Notes")
2. Select Notes -> Import Notes and select "Gnote application"
3. Notes appear in the bijiben window.
4. Close bijiben and reopen, and the imported notes are no longer there.
5. Run gnote, and open a note, and all linebreaks and formatting have been removed, meaning that the text of the note is all on the "title" line of the note.
Bijiben should not alter the original note files from the gnote or tomboy store. It should place new versions of the notes in the bijiben note store.
The latest version of bijiben from git master (3.10) appears to have addressed this issue. https://git.gnome.org/browse/bijiben/log/
Yes, the last build will fix the issue.
bijiben-3.10.1-1.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 20 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing bijiben-3.10.1-1.fc20'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
bijiben-3.10.1-1.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.