This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2017-10-23 It is expected to last about 30 minutes
Bug 1026035 - RuntimeException: load_yum_repo() failed: 3.
RuntimeException: load_yum_repo() failed: 3.
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 1071404
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: dnf (Show other bugs)
20
x86_64 Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: packaging-team-maint
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf...
abrt_hash:0ec7a6727aa3f18beee21006460...
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-11-02 18:00 EDT by Mikhail
Modified: 2015-01-26 08:21 EST (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-03-02 03:51:35 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
File: backtrace (1.27 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-02 18:00 EDT, Mikhail
no flags Details
File: environ (72 bytes, text/plain)
2013-11-02 18:00 EDT, Mikhail
no flags Details
hawkey.log (1.06 MB, text/x-log)
2013-11-03 01:18 EST, Mikhail
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Mikhail 2013-11-02 18:00:27 EDT
Version-Release number of selected component:
dnf-0.4.5-1.fc20

Additional info:
reporter:       libreport-2.1.9
cmdline:        /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/dnf -v makecache timer
executable:     /usr/bin/dnf
kernel:         3.11.6-301.fc20.x86_64+debug
runlevel:       N 5
type:           Python
uid:            0

Truncated backtrace:
base.py:156:_add_repo_to_sack:RuntimeException: load_yum_repo() failed: 3.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/dnf", line 35, in <module>
    main.user_main(sys.argv[1:], exit_code=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf/cli/main.py", line 272, in user_main
    errcode = main(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf/cli/main.py", line 64, in main
    return _main(base, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf/cli/main.py", line 133, in _main
    result, resultmsgs = cli.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf/cli/cli.py", line 1305, in run
    return self.command.doCommand(self.base.basecmd, self.base.extcmds)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf/cli/commands.py", line 1003, in doCommand
    self.base.activate_sack() # performs the md sync
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf/base.py", line 228, in activate_sack
    self._add_repo_to_sack(r.id)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf/base.py", line 156, in _add_repo_to_sack
    self._sack.load_yum_repo(hrepo, build_cache=True, load_filelists=True)
RuntimeException: load_yum_repo() failed: 3.

Local variables in innermost frame:
repo: <Repo fedora>
hrepo: <_hawkey.Repo object at 0x11d10a8>
self: <dnf.cli.cli.BaseCli object at 0xea9150>
name: 'fedora'
Comment 1 Mikhail 2013-11-02 18:00:40 EDT
Created attachment 818638 [details]
File: backtrace
Comment 2 Mikhail 2013-11-02 18:00:44 EDT
Created attachment 818639 [details]
File: environ
Comment 3 Mikhail 2013-11-03 01:18:02 EST
Created attachment 818691 [details]
hawkey.log
Comment 4 Ales Kozumplik 2013-11-03 01:59:56 EST
Hi Mikhail,

Can you please attach /var/cache/dnf/x86_64/20/hawkey.log? How many times have you seen this reported by ABRT?

Thanks!
Comment 5 Mikhail 2013-11-03 02:03:01 EST
> How many times have you seen this reported by ABRT?
Some times on different machines.
Comment 6 Ales Kozumplik 2013-11-04 03:40:25 EST
I am baffled by this bug. Can you say there is something special about those machines that experienced the bug (e.g. SELINUX policy, mounting /var/cache as a RAM disk, etc.?)

I assume all of the machines are F20, yes?
Comment 7 Ales Kozumplik 2013-11-04 03:41:51 EST
Also---when you run other dnf commands do they pass or show a similar traceback? what libsolv version are you using? (rpm -q libsolv)
Comment 8 Mikhail 2013-11-04 03:57:14 EST
> I am baffled by this bug. Can you say there is something special about those machines that experienced the bug (e.g. SELINUX policy, mounting /var/cache as a RAM disk, etc.?)
Happens only this:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1023749


> I assume all of the machines are F20, yes?
yes

> rpm -q libsolv
libsolv-0.4.0-1.gitd49d319.fc20.x86_64


Very strange to see any problem with DNF because I still prefer YUM.
1) Yum support NTLM proxy
2) Yum much faster download rpm's

# time dnf update
Nothing to do.

real	1m24.155s
user	0m21.819s
sys	0m9.004s


# time yum update
No packages marked for update

real	0m49.231s
user	0m7.114s
sys	0m4.268s
Comment 9 Ales Kozumplik 2013-11-04 04:11:06 EST
(In reply to Mikhail from comment #8)
> Happens only this:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1023749

That could be related because the load_yum_repo also tries to write out to a cache file.

> Very strange to see any problem with DNF because I still prefer YUM.
> 1) Yum support NTLM proxy
> 2) Yum much faster download rpm's
> 
> # time dnf update
> Nothing to do.
> 
> real	1m24.155s
> user	0m21.819s
> sys	0m9.004s

This shouldn't be surprising if makecache is failing. No RPMs are downloaded here FWIW.

Thanks for the information so far. I'll add more logging into hawkey so we can pin it down better.
Comment 10 Mikhail 2013-11-04 04:16:37 EST
> No RPMs are downloaded here FWIW.
I know, but download speed of metadata same too slow  :(
Comment 11 Zdeněk Pavlas 2013-11-04 05:16:36 EST
That's mainly because Yum does not (by default) download filelists immediately, but does that on demand.  That's 2-3 times faster, but problematic if the repository gets updated in the meantime. To have a fair comparision, you'd have to set "mdpolicy=group:small,filelists" in yum.conf.
Comment 12 Ales Kozumplik 2013-11-04 06:06:15 EST
3a514f0 and 8a44efd in hawkey-0.4.5 improves logging of the loading functions. Mikhail, when you see this with hawkey-0.4.5, please attach hawkey.log to this bugzilla, along with the tail of /var/log/audit/audit.log.

Because it is said in comment 8 that the user does not use DNF much this is probably not a race condition or similar. SELINUX is the smoking gun here.
Comment 13 Ales Kozumplik 2014-03-02 03:51:35 EST
Closing this as a dupe of bug 1071404 which is going to stay more alive I hope.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1071404 ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.