Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1027604
Usability issues on LDAP security configuration screen
Last modified: 2014-09-03 00:56:24 EDT
Description of problem:
I found two minor usability issues on LDAP security screen.
1) Last sentence of feature description says "If using an LDAP query, escape "&" with "&", but "&" must be escaped only once user directly edit the XML file. We should remove this sentence as someone might be confuse by this and use the escaped value here.
2) We should fix the label of Filter input field to be more general. The field can be used for either Username attribute filter or LDAP syntax query filter, but field label is "Username filter". I'd recommend to change the name of label from "Username filter" to simple "Filter".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run GUI installer. Go to Post-install configuration using default values.
2. Select to enable LDAP authentication.
3. Enter some password on first LDAP screen, proceed to LDAP security screen.
Strings for the LDAP security screen have been updated as stated above.
Verified on EAP 6.2.0.CR1.