Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1029353
Errors in helloworld-mbean quickstart
Last modified: 2017-10-09 20:15:45 EDT
Created attachment 822784 [details]
error when invoking the MXPojoHelloWorld MBean
I have seen the following issues when testing the helloworld-mbean example:
1. Exception when invoking MBean MXPojoHelloWorld in JConsole.
I have attached a screenshot of the exception. Nothing in the server log.
2. The following warning can be found in the server log after the application is deployed. The README.md file says nothing about an expected warning.
09:37:46,010 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "jboss-helloworld-mbean-webapp.war" (runtime-name: "jboss-helloworld-mbean-webapp.war")
09:37:46,055 WARN [org.jboss.weld.deployer] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS016003: Found beans.xml file in non-standard location: "/content/jboss-helloworld-mbean-webapp.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/beans.xml", war deployments should place beans.xml files into WEB-INF/beans.xml
09:37:46,094 INFO [org.jboss.weld.deployer] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS016002: Processing weld deployment jboss-helloworld-mbean-webapp.war
3. README.md, line 93:
"6. You will see a popup Window displaying Hello `<your name>`!."
But the invocation of bean SarMXPojoHelloWorld leads in a popup with "Welcome" instead of Hello. Screenshot is attached.
Either change the code or adjust the README.md file.
Created attachment 822786 [details]
invocation of SarMXPojoHelloWorld MBean saying Welcome instead of Hello
1. I am able to recreate the exception testing the MXPojoHellowWorld:
"Problem invoking sayHello: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return, nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.IllegalArgumentException (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled). I will probably need help figuring out this one.
2. I am able to reproduce the warning on deployment "Found beans.xml file in non-standard location: "/content/jboss-helloworld-mbean-webapp.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/beans.xml", war deployments should place beans.xml files into WEB-INF/beans.xml". I don't know if it's in this other location due to the service aspect of this application, so I am afraid to move it.
3. I modified the README to say:
You will see a popup Window displaying `Welcome <your name>!`.
Checked README fix in with this commit: https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-eap-quickstarts/commit/bd518d131663c6f3b0c5c27054a8cef7968ea1b1
Still need to resolve the first two items.
Rafael stepped in and fixed this one. Thanks Rafael!
It's fixed in this commit: https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-eap-quickstarts/commit/fae7829818b4b95122618389a9b343a9109229ff
Verified using the 6.2.0.CR1 bits.