Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1029759
Impossible to delete data providers on MAC OS X
Last modified: 2014-03-19 10:00:50 EDT
Created attachment 823258 [details]
Steps to reproduce - video
Description of problem:
When on MAC OS - in firefox, the buttons for deleting data providers don't do anything (the other buttons work, e.g. for editing data provider properties)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
BPMS 6.0.0 ER4
MAC OS X version 10.7.3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. I open the dashbuilder in firefox on MAC OS
2. I navigate to workspace Showcase, page Data providers
3. I click the 'trash' (Delete data provider) icon for some data provider
- no dialog is popped up (with message that data provider is used in some KPIs)
- data provider is not deleted
The delete button should work as on other platforms:
1) when no KPIs using the provider exist, the data provider should be deleted
2) when there are KPIs using the provider, the alert "Can't delete provider because it is used in X KPIs" should be displayed (as was implemented in fix for https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=962681)
I also tried deleting my custom created data provider, which was not used in any KPIs - the problem was the same - nothing could be deleted, no feedback in UI.
I recorder video showing the problem.
In video I first try to delete the provider in MAC OS - doesn't work (note, that other buttons work - for example in video I click Edit provider properties) then I switch to fedora 19 + firefox 17 and it works as expected - alert is displayed that provider can't be deleted.
I'am sorry it's not a bug, it's working correctly. As it turns out, the MAC computer had a setting in firefox that blocks all popups (alerts) enabled. After disabling it the the alert 'Can't delete provider because ...' appeared correctly.
Please disregard this bugzilla. Closing as NOTABUG