Bug 1032752 - Uploading translations in Zanata fails
Uploading translations in Zanata fails
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Publican
Classification: Community
Component: Publican Users Guide (Show other bugs)
3.0
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Ruediger Landmann
Jeff Fearn
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-11-20 13:16 EST by Gé Baylard
Modified: 2014-05-11 17:03 EDT (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2014-05-06 01:12:45 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Gé Baylard 2013-11-20 13:16:48 EST
Description of problem:
I have made some changes in my early translation of the User's Guide of Publican. When I try uploading the modified files, Zanata fails with the message:
JBWEB000065: HTTP Status 500 - An error occurred while uploading the file : Invalid PO file contents on file: pot/Adding_Code_Samples

JBWEB000309: type JBWEB000067: Status report

JBWEB000068: message An error occurred while uploading the file : Invalid PO file contents on file: pot/Adding_Code_Samples

JBWEB000069: description JBWEB000145: The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
JBoss Web/7.2.2.Final-redhat-1

The po file is valid. Publican (v2 or v3) builds the html file on my desktop.
With the previous version of Zanata, all was working fine.

I don't know if the concern is in Zanata or in Publican?

Besides, setting up the possibility of downloading all the files (zip format) would be useful.

Thanks,
Gé

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:
Comment 2 Ruediger Landmann 2013-11-21 18:32:21 EST
Hi Gé -- can you please tell me the command you used to upload your translations?
The lines you've pasted there indicate that the Zanata client is trying to upload a POT file, not a translation.
Comment 3 Gé Baylard 2013-11-22 08:24:57 EST
(In reply to Ruediger Landmann from comment #2)
Hi Ruediger
"-- can you please tell me the command you used to upload your
translations?"
I translate offline. I download files for translation either by git or (with the earlier version of Zanata) clicking on the name of the document in the list of files (don't work: presently directs to the online translation).

When the translation is done, I upload. I click on the small icon of the Actions column. There a popup window ask me the name and localization of the file on my computer. Then I click the button Upload.

URL of the page is (for me):
https://translate.zanata.org/zanata/webtrans/translate?project=publican-ug&iteration=3&localeId=fr&locale=fr

A typical line looks like:
Path: pot/	
Document: Adding_Code_Samples
Statistic:	 (here translation's statistics histogram followed by percentage) 100%
Complete:	450
Incomplete:	0
Remaining hours:	0 (?)
Last Upload:	08/03/13 04:38 by rlandmann
Last Translated:	29/08/13 23:47 by geodebay
Actions:	(here a little icon with a tooltip: "Upload document to merge/override translation")

It is this icon I use (I was using) for uploading my translation.

"The lines you've pasted there indicate that the Zanata client is trying to
upload a POT file, not a translation."

Yes, I presume, but the column Path cannot be modified in "po"

Regards,
Gé
Comment 4 Ruediger Landmann 2013-11-24 19:09:00 EST
Thanks Gé -- so, can I please confirm that:

1. when you click File Upload > Browse you're going to the directory in which you've saved your French translation and not the empty PO files? Sorry for the obvious question, but when I click File Upload > Browse, I'm taken to a directory of POT files instead...

2. The files you've translated have the .po extension, not .pot?

Cheers,
Rudi
Comment 5 Gé Baylard 2013-12-02 11:39:38 EST
(In reply to Ruediger Landmann from comment #4)
> Thanks Gé -- so, can I please confirm that:
> 
> 1. when you click File Upload > Browse you're going to the directory in
> which you've saved your French translation and not the empty PO files?

The directory is not empty. It contains the translated po files.
To proofread my work, I use publican build and so, I see the result on Firefox.

> Sorry
> for the obvious question, but when I click File Upload > Browse, I'm taken
> to a directory of POT files instead...

Yes, but when you browse you can go everywhere. The button opens Nautilus on my computer.

> 
> 2. The files you've translated have the .po extension, not .pot?
>
Yes, .po extension.
The po file (for the first line: Adding_Code_Samples.po) is not too big, so I join it.

This process was working fine with the previous version of Zanata.
 
> Cheers,
> Rudi
Comment 6 Jeff Fearn 2014-03-14 00:35:02 EDT
Hi Gé, I recently made some changes to the zanata settings for the PUG. Let us know if it starts or stops working for you.
Comment 7 Jeff Fearn 2014-05-06 01:12:45 EDT
Hi Gé, I've had a chat with the Zanata devs and reimported the translation using the correct zanata-cli options.
Comment 8 Gé Baylard 2014-05-11 17:03:38 EDT
Hi Jeff, I restart working with Zanata on the translation of Publican User Guide. To day, it works fine and I can upload my work.
Thanks

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.