Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1032832
RFE: Improve user session handling for the web editor
Last modified: 2015-07-30 21:24:56 EDT
Description of problem:
Often when a user leaves a document, via clicking on a link or closing the tab, they appear to still be present to other users.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open two different browsers to $zanata-server
2. Log in to Zanata (in both browsers) with the same user
3. Navigate (in both browsers) to the same project, project version and document
4. Have both users translate the same document
- Both users should appear with names next to the translation target
5. Click Projects, or Home or some other header link with _one_ user
The user is still visible to the second user, as available in chat and translating the target
User should disappear
It appears this is related to GWT not always getting/handling the event of a user leaving a session, so the information is not propagated to the other users.
Perhaps the server ping and user activity timeout mechanism could be improved.
Changed to RFE. It works, but sometimes after a minute or two.
Reassigned to PM
Migrated; check JIRA for bug status: http://zanata.atlassian.net/browse/ZNTA-492