Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1032917
Allow CLI tab completion to follow management model references
Last modified: 2015-02-01 18:06:09 EST
Description of problem:
One can configure auto-start, cpu-affinity, group, priority, socket-binding-group, and socket-binding-port-offset when adding new server into domain. There is tab completion only for auto-start attribute. We should add some tab completion help at least into group and socket-binding-group to make CLI more usable.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start out-of-box domain and connect to CLI
2. Try auto completion with tab on socket-binding-group and group attributes
CLI will show possible attribute values
The requested feature comprises 3 elements:
1) The fundamental piece: for attributes that represent references to other model elements, the static management model description metadata should describe the exact nature of that reference. For instance, that the "group" attribute in a server-config resource is a reference to the value portion of the last element in the address of a /server-group=<thevalue> resource.
2) Optional: the management API should provide some standard mechanism for querying the legal values for the attribute on the server side. This is optional (at least for this particular feature request), as the client can use the metadata from 1) to figure out how to obtain the data using the existing API (e.g. /:read-children-names(child-type=server-group)).
3) The CLI should take advantage of 1) and perhaps 2) during tab completion.