Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 103668
Package and published checksum don't match
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:57:21 EDT
Description of problem:
After having downloaded the update package
I checked the checksum of the downloaded package using md5sum,
which reported a checksum of
while the RHN page mentiones a checksum of
In theory, I cannot trust the downloaded package to be authentic and safe.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open https://rhn.redhat.com/help/latest-up2date.pxt with your Web browser.
2. Locate the section "Red Hat Linux 9 i386"
3. Download the package up2date-gnome-184.108.40.206-1.i386.rpm
4. Open a terminal window
5. cd to the directory used as target for downloading
6. execute the command
The checksum reported by md5sum is :
The same checksum as mentioned in the RHN page :
Have downloaded and verified the md5sum:
It matches the website:
* up2date-gnome-220.127.116.11-1.i386.rpm - MD5 Checksum:
Please try downloading this again. Try using: