Description of problem:
Running text mode installer, when I get to firewall options, hitting OK does
nothing. If I hit customize and set up options and return to the firewall
screen, hitting OK still does nothing. Must hit "No Firewall" to proceed.
MD5s of ISOs verified OK, and media check at beginning of installation verified OK.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
This is with Severn Beta 2 / Fedora Core
Several times in a row on my Inspiron notebook (details below). Verified once on
my PII desktop.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot ISO
2. 'linux text'
3. Skip / OK / Install BETA
4. English / us / Generic 3 Button Mouse / 1400 x 1050 LCD
5. Reinstall System
6. Personal Desktop / Autopartition / Remove all partisions (yes I'm sure) /
accept default partitions layout / Use GRUB with no options or password
7. Boot label: Fedore Core / to MBR
8. DHCP and activate on boot wired and wireless PC Card NICs
9. Manual hostname
10. Enable Firewall selected. *OK does nothing*. *Can only continue by selecting
No Firewall, then OK / Proceed*
Installation will proceed only with firewall not configured
Installation to proceed with firewall configured
Dell Inspiron 7500, PIII-700/550, 512MB SDRAM, ATI Rage Mobility Pro video, 1400
x 1050 LCD
Fixed. If you need an update image with the fix let me know.
Thanks, sorry for the slow reply. Verified this worked with your fix
back in the FC1 test days.