Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 106048
Japanese characters cannot be input using Wnn
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:06:58 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux alpha; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030716
Description of problem:
When Wnn is set up as the Kana-Kanji conversion server, Japanese characters
cannot be input.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
kinput2-canna-wnn6-v3.1-9 (Related components: Wnn6-SDK-1.0-25, FreeWnn-1.11-36,
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 AS Beta2 for Itanium setting the default
language to Japanese. kinput2 and Canna are set up automatically as the default
Japanese input method and Kana-Kanji conversion server.
2. Change the Kana-Kanji conversion server from Canna to Wnn as follows.
- Change some lines in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xinput file to comments by
adding #'s as follows.
#if [ X"`ldd /usr/X11R6/bin/kinput2 | grep libcanna`" = X ] ; then
- Log in GNOME again.
3. Confirm the "kinput2 -wnnenvrc /etc/FreeWnn/ja/wnnenvrc" process does not exist.
4. Try Japanese input on a gnome-terminal window as follows.
- Push Shift+SP key. But English input mode is not changed to Japanese input
mode. Therefore Japanese characters cannot be input.
Actual Results: When Wnn is set up as the Kana-Kanji conversion server,
Japanese characters cannot be input.
Expected Results: When Wnn is set up as the Kana-Kanji conversion server,
Japanese characters can be input.
- On Red Hat Linux 7.2 for i386, this problem does not occur.
- When Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 AS Beta2 is installed, not Wnn but Canna is
set up automatically as the default Kana-Kanji conversion server. And Japanese
characters can be input normally. Therefore it seems that the severity of this
problem is low.
fixed kinput2 will be available as an errata.
An errata has been issued which should help the problem described in this bug report.
This report is therefore being closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files, please follow the link below. You may reopen
this bug report if the solution does not work for you.