Description of problem:
OpenOffice 1.1 only has a English and Italian dictionaries and no other UI
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Fedora Core test3
2. Login as user with other language
OOo user interface still English
OOo user in native language
I've tested with Dutch, maybe other languages work?
Czech doesn't work either.
German is also missing.
*** Bug 107556 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Chinese language UI doesn't work also.
German language only during setup. Setting 'german' in OO Options doesn't work.
Working on this, shall be in 1.1.0-3.
There are actually 3 i18n problems:
1) UI Language
2) Dictionaries, Hyphenators, and Thesauruses
3) Correct UI Font for languages
Well, I've fixed (1), (2) means a load of dictionaries and won't be fixed in
1.1.0-3 but its a priority for 1.1.0-4. (3) is a beast, since we can't just use
the system font (Tools->Options->Accessibility->Use System Font), which is
simply "Sans", which itself is a fontconfig "meta" font which OOo knows nothing
about. So we get to special-case a bunch of langauges.... Sigh.
I guess you've noticed, 1.1.0-4 is here, but still no dictionaries )-:
Yes, no dictionaries for the moment. Its not hard, just a lot of
redundant work (plus need to make sure we can redistribute them). I
will file an additional bug for the dictionaries, but this bug is now
Dictionaries/hyph/thes issue # is 108720. This one now closed.