Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 107244
XmForm ignores the resize request of its child
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:58:29 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
Create an application as follows.
TopLevel --- XmForm --- XmRowColumn -+-- XmPushButton
The number of XmPushButtons is dynamic.
The size of the XmRowColumn shoud be adjusted on adding its children, but the
size would be never changed. If the parent of XmRowColumn is a XmBulletinBoard,
there is no problem. So it's XmForm's problem.
It seems to be a known bug (and fix) #176 of Open Motif Bug Database, and it
works good for my case.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a window as above description. The XmRowColumn has only one child at
2. Add some children to the XmRowColumn dinamically.
3. The XmRowColumn should be grown, but never be resized.
You have two solutions:
1) replace the Form with a MainWindow
2) attach the Form and the RowColumn with ATTACH_FORM
This is not a bug.
There would still be a compatibility problem between OpenMotif and
I have not seen the issue with CDE/Motif (on HP-UX and Solaris).
I think HP/SUN have applied some workaround to their own libXm...