From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.1)
Description of problem:
I have a heavily modified php.ini installed on a production machine
called 'toast'. when I try to run 'pear help', I get a segfault. when
I install the "stock" php.ini, I don't get a segfault. I am not
certain what option I have changed that causes this, but it shouldn't
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. pear help
Actual Results: segfault
Expected Results: help screen
Created attachment 96328 [details]
heavily modified php.ini
for some reason, I had two copies of php installed, so I nuked them
both, and installed php-4.2.2-17.2 using up2date. I get a segfault
every time I run pear.
I went to the pear website, and installed the latest version of pear
(1.3b2), and I still get the segfault.
note that I am using php in production on toast, and I don't have any
problems, so this is somehow pear specific.
The problem is that "pear help" uses fopen('php://stderr', 'w'), which
fails when allow_url_fopen = Off in 4.2, and then goes on to segfault
when an invalid file handle is passed to fputs.
This appears to be fixed in 4.3.
yay! :).. that seems to have fixed it.. I also needed to allow for
register_argc_argv, but the problem went away when I updated a couple
of settings. thanks for the assistance.
Thanks. Closing this, it's fixed in Fedora Core 1 (and RHEL3).