Created attachment 917599 [details]
engine and vdsm logs
Description of problem:
Got "CanDoAction of action SetupNetworks failed. Reasons:VAR__ACTION__SETUP,VAR__TYPE__NETWORKS,ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_NETWORK_CUSTOM_PROPERTIES_NO_NETWORK,$ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_NETWORK_CUSTOM_PROPERTIES_NO_NETWORK_LIST eth2" when trying to remove network from Host with setupNetworks
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create network on DC/Cluster/Host
2. Configure ethtool_opts on that network with some "kuku" value
3. Try to remove the network from Host with SN
Action fails with CanDoAction
Action should succeed
After removing ethtool_opts the SN action succeeded
1) Remove network (with network custom properties) from Host using Rest API - action will succeed
2) Opening SetupNetworks in GUI and clicking ok button will fail because of network custom properties
3) Map any network on the NIC (from which the network with network custom properties was removed)
Result: There is a configuration of network custom properties for that NIC
New network should be mapped without any configuration of custom properties and clicking on ok in setupNetwork window should succeed
Interesting! While my first patch addresses article (2), I'll push a separate GUI patch to fix (3).
Merged patch solved the worst part of the bug, removing blocker status.
Verified in 3.5.0-0.0.master.20140722232058.git8e1babc.el6
oVirt 3.5 has been released and should include the fix for this issue.