Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 112490
rfe: consider upgrading to 1.4.0
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:00:45 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6b)
Description of problem:
It might be nice to upgrade mdadm to 1.4.0 (currently 1.3.0)
Changelog below for your convenience.
Changes Prior to 1.4.0 release
- Document fact that creating a raid5 array really creates a
degraded array with a spare.
- Add "spares=" tag to config file and generate it with --detail
- Add "SparesMissing" event when --monitor first sees an array
and it doesn't have the enough spare devices.
- Add --update=summaries for --assemble to update summary
information in superblock, and correct other inconsistancies in the
- Add --test option to --detail to set a meaningful exit status.
This has already been done. It will be in our next round of errata