a) Description of problem:
POSIX ACLs are not replicated onto the slave volume, in RHS geo-replication.
The ACLs can be listed properly on the master-volume. The files are replicated fine onto the slave volume, but the ACLs are not.
b) Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
c) How reproducible:
d) Steps to Reproduce:
1) Create a master volume with two bricks
2) Create a slave volume with two bricks.
3) Mount the master volume and slave volume onto two client machines, with the '-o acl' option.
4) Start a geo-replication session from the master volume to the slave volume.
5) Create a few files at the master volume mount-point.
6) Set an ACL for a user, on the files. (setfacl -m u:test:rwx /<mount-point>/<file-name>.txt)
7) Do an 'ls -l' on the master-vol mount point to check if the '+' is listed on the file
8) Check if the ACLs are listed on the file from the master-vol mount point, using 'getfacl'.
9) Check the same steps ('ls -l', and 'getfacl') from the slave-volume mount point.
10) The '+' sign in the permission field won't be listed, as well as any outputs for 'setfacl'.
e) Actual results:
The ACLs is not replicated over to the slave volume.
f) Expected results:
The ACLs should be replicated to the slave volume.
g) Additional info:
The gfid for the files on the bricks (constituting the master volume and slave volume are same). We have another bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1060683 which shows a difference of trusted.gfid value for the same file on the master and slave volume. This is not the case here.
*** Bug 1149595 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1063028 ***