Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 113158
hang attempting the create new printer definition
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:35 EST
Description of problem:
First try on Opteron system running the "preview" of x86_64 FC1
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Invoked printconf from a terminal window and got:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/printconf/util/queueTree.py", line 537, in
new_button_clicked self.use_foomatic ()
File "/usr/share/printconf/util/queueTree.py", line 467, in use_foomatic
File "/usr/share/printconf/util/printconf_conf.py", line 1554, in
root = parser.parse (foo)
line 134, in parse
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: no element found: line 1, column 0
What does 'foomatic-configure -O' say?
nothing (no output) ... either as root or regular user.
I also ran it on my "regluar" Athlon system and see that it is suppose
to produce lots of xml but on the Opteron ... nothing.
Created attachment 96855 [details]
Please try this patch.
Incidentally, this issue is already fixed upstream and in rawhide.
Unless you have some overriding reason to try the patch, I would just
as soon pull the updates rpm from rawhide (development).
OK, I downloaded foomatic-3.0.0-17.x86_64.rpm from development and
printer configuration still does not work.
The output of running foomatic-configure -O is:
Can't locate Foomatic/Defaults.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1 .) at
/usr/bin/foomatic-configure line 14.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/foomatic-configure line 14.
Recompile it against the perl you're actually running. :-)
When I grab something from rawhide/development, I "always" get the
src.rpm and rebuild so that it works with the libs, etc. I am running
... except this time.
OK, rebuilt the src rpm and installed ... print config now works.
BTW, it sure does take a lot of CPU to rebuild foomatic ... I thought
I found another bug like the one I found in gcc where it looped with
*** Bug 113794 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 114975 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The bug is fixed in the foomatic update for Fedora Core 1, which you
can recompile the SRPM for.
*** Bug 116728 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This seems to be working with the applied updates, which should ship
with FC1 release. Tested on multiple systems here, should we close
yes, fixed in footmatic-3.0.0-21.3
I am closing as fixed in errata