Description of problem:
When using transcode for recording from a tv-card using the -c option
to specify the time window, transcode blocks at the expiration of the
time window (kill -9 needed), I get ugly messages in /var/log/messages
and dmesg, and transcode no longer records complaining about /dev/dsp
being busy (nothing to see with lsof) and complaining about probing
the v4l device.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
transcode-0.6.12-1.fr (from freshrpms)
How reproducible: every time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install kernel-2.4.22-1.2149.nptl and transcode-0.6.12-1.fr
2. Use transcode with the following command, or something similar, I
got this command from gv4l:
transcode --progress_off -x v4l,v4l -i /dev/video0 -p /dev/dsp -V -u
100 -g 384x288 -f 0,3 -y xvid -o /home/bart/videos/video.avi -w
1800,250,100 -b 96,0,5 -s 0 -J preview --import_v4l 0,VT4 -c 0-0:01:00
3. Wait until the minute specified with the -c option is over.
4. See the preview window of transcode freeze
5. See that you cannot kill transcode, a kill -9 is needed.
6. Check the recording, it's good.
7. View /var/log/messages and dmesg
8. Try transcode again, see that recording is no longer possible, view
the messages output on the terminal
Created attachment 97082 [details]
dmesg output after expiration of the time window specified by the -c option of transcode
dmesg|tail -n 30 > dmesg.txt
Created attachment 97083 [details]
messages in /var/log/messages appearing after expiration of the time window specified by the -c option of transcode
tail -n 29 /var/log/messages > messages.txt
Thanks for the bug report. However, Red Hat no longer maintains this version of
the product. Please upgrade to the latest version and open a new bug if the problem
The Fedora Legacy project (http://fedoralegacy.org/) maintains some older releases,
and if you believe this bug is interesting to them, please report the problem in
the bug tracker at: http://bugzilla.fedora.us/